Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's on My Mind?

There are some things I just can't stand. I hate rules, our government, wars, the LRA, people who are mean to animals, and just mean people in general. I just don't understand what drives someone to be cruel. Everywhere I turn there's someone complaining about something or picking on someone or just being hateful in general. Why is there so much focus on negative things? It's just as easy to talk about something you like as it is to complain about something you hate. I think if everyone made an effort to have a positive mindset the world would be a much better place. People focus too much on what they don't like about someone or something. I wonder what would happen if people were forced to find a common ground with everyone. Maybe we would realize we're not so different from our enemies. We could learn so much more if we didn't judge people by their differences. Every time you learn something, it's because you were exposed to something different and new. If we were always open to change we would probably be a lot smarter. Something I've never understood is why some people are so threatened by the unfamiliar. I understand that things unknown can be scary; but who wants to live a life of sameness. I don't believe in heaven or hell or even God for that matter. I think when we die that's it. My belief is that we each only get one life, so why not live it as our own. Our time on earth is limited. Maybe some people are content with living a simple life of conformity, and that's ok too. What's not is when the mass of conformists force their way of living on those who choose to be different. Everyone views the world from their own point of view. Whether we like it or not we'll never be able to have another perspective. This being true, I don't see how we could ever have just one way of living; or two ways of living, or a hundred. There's a way of living for every living creature. We can't possibly successfully class off the world into a number of groups and force them to live uniformly under a government.

No comments: